Friday, April 1, 2011

10 & 10

Suzy Pfeiffer Tripodina is a mother to eight, yes 8, children.  They range in age from 7 to 25 and there’s a set of twins in there too.  On top of keeping up with the lives of all her kiddos, she is also a landlord, a Justice of the Peace, an avid summertime camper, and a Realtor.  She also does any renovations to her home and rental property herself (enlisting help from kids and sweetie).   With such a busy and hectic life, I was curious to see how she keeps her sanity and how, if at all, she finds her peaceful spot. 

My Morning Centering~ by Suzy

“My morning ritual, I call it my 10 & 10, happens in the time between 5:00 am and 6:00am, after my sweetie has left for work and the kids aren’t up yet.  I turn off all interruptions like the TV and my cell phone, drink a 10oz glass of tap water, sit with my eyes closed and meditate and pray for 10 minutes.  I talk to my higher power about my stressors, worries and fears, and then give my gratitude.  I also pray for those I know who are struggling or sick.  I do this in my living room where my fountain runs 24/7.  This fountain represents prosperity and wealth. The sound of the fountain is cleansing and tranquil. When I am done I feel energized and impenetrable, ready to conquer another crazy busy/hectic day.

 
When I am over tired and done being Mom for the day and overly achy due to my Crohn's, (which mimics rheumatoid arthritis) I run a hot bath with salts and an aroma therapy-stress relieving formula, light candles all around the tub, and I run it deep enough to sink down into the water, where all I hear is my breathing and my heart beating. I stay in the water until my fingers are like raisins... I love this!”
If you are in Connecticut and need a real estate agent look Suzy up:

2 comments:

  1. Love the fountain idea -- I've started meditative prayer in the mornings too, before the kids get up; not always easy to squeeze in, but it does center me. Hopefully allowing for more patience -- and I only have TWO kids, not eight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 or 8.....centering yourself is a necessity <3....

    ReplyDelete