Saturday, March 26, 2011

Morning

With the hustle of the work week and all the duties at home and all the caring for of pets and loved ones, sometimes we dream of escaping to our own private island somewhere.  A place that we can have the whole bed to ourselves, have someone else cook our meals, read from dusk to dawn, stay in our fat pants all day if we want too or explore the world with our own agenda - and not have anyone ask anything of us.

But this morning, since I woke earlier than the rest of the house, I went for a walk, stretched, did a little meditation, and had a cup of coffee while checking my online stuff.  And as I explored the world with my own agenda, I found myself missing my snoozing loved ones.  I was excited to hear them stir.  As they all began their morning, I began to focus on my gratitude.  Thankful for a Saturday that I didn't have to wake up early to go to work.  Glad to hop back in bed, smooch, pet our sleepy grumpy bulldog who weasels his way into our bed every morning exactly at 5:30am.  Grateful for the sense of peace I get from cooking our favorite breakfast of pancakes and bacon.  Watching the dog be so eagerly and adorably attentive while I move the bacon from the pan to the plate.  As our morning progresses, I deeply realize that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  That this home and those within it make me who I am and want my love.  

I don't need to be off alone on an island somewhere, I just need to remember to take time for myself more often so that I have the best, most grateful and unhindered love to give to the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment