Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Dream Realized

It's been since May that I last posted.   At that time I was impatiently waiting to find a new job that would allow us to move to Vermont.  Something that we have been dreaming of and planning for over 6 years time.  Not two weeks after that post, I got that new job and two weeks after that we moved to Vermont.  I love the new job and the company I work for.  We love our new apartment and the gorgeous property that it is nestled on.  I feel so very blessed that all our hoping and praying and hard work paid off.

Today I am serenaded by the rain falling softly on the tin roof of our studio and the quiet cheep of birds muffled by the rain.  The clouds hang low, draping themselves over the tree branches and rolling curves of the green mountains that surround us here.  I sit here comforted with the soft snores of our bulldog, Pete, as he naps after a weekend of activity.  The light of day is coming to a close and it glows gray green from the overcast sky and the lush grass meadows, tall trees and wild vegetation that makes up our property.   I feel calm and content.  I feel that I am truly and thankfully in my most peaceful spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment